Juicers and blenders are electrical appliances that bring us the delicious forms of fruits and veggies necessary for our body that we otherwise crib while eating. More often than not, juicers and blenders are mistaken to be the same appliance and are used interchangeably. This is why so many customers often buy the wrong product as they do not know the difference between juicers and blenders. Well, let us sort this Blender Vs Juicer for you for once and for all.
Blender Vs Juicer
We’re all too familiar with the benefits of eating fruits and vegetables on our health. Fruits are a great source of vitamins, while vegetables provide iron and several other nutrients essential for the human body; they also provide a lot of hydration and are refreshing. But sadly, no one likes eating the fruits and vegetables when they are served to us as salads, but talk about juices and smoothies! We pay for them in cafes and restaurants and smoothies have become such a hot trend thanks to all the internet videos about them being consumed by all the celebrities around the world.
What is Blender?
As you can guess from its name, a blender is an electrical appliance that just blends everything you put in its cavity. The output of a lender is called a smoothie because it is essentially a smoothened and mixed version of all the input you give to the blender. You make several different types of smoothies and can involve as many different fruits and veggies that you want. You can also blend away your green leafy vegetables as the blenders have some sharp blades that can easily cut through the leaves of these vegetables and turn them into mushy liquidly smoothies. The Best blenders do not filter out the pulp or fibers of fruits and vegetables and include their complete composition in the smoothies they blend.
A lender can work with raid speed as it has very sharp blades that can spin for a minimum of 10,000 rounds per minute. This is just the least sum, and the blenders normally work in the range of 20,000- 29,000 rounds per minute. This means that your smoothie gets blended into very fast.
What is a Juicer?
A juicer is an electrical appliance that squashes into your fruits and vegetables but only gives you their juice and filters out the pulp and fibers. So you only get the tasty juice. You can juice different vegetables and fruits like carrots, ginger, celery, apples, spinach, kale, etc.
There are a variety of juicers available in the market, and they all operate at different speeds. Centrifugal or fast juicer can even run at speed the blenders operate at.
Now that you know what function exactly a blender and juicer can perform, the difference is only in the way they operate, retaining and filtering pulp, respectively. But what are the other differences that have led them to be so distinct? Let us go through those differences.
What are the Difference between Juicer and Blender?
This is a popular misconception that juicers and blenders are the machines, and people often make a mistake while purchasing them. Blender Vs Juicer, While both of them cut down fruits and vegetables into their finest form, what we get from both of the appliances is different. Let us differentiate between juicers and blenders-
A juicer filters out the fibers from the vegetables and fruits it squashes to obtain the juice. The product from a juicer is only the juice and does not include any pulp or fibers.
A blender blends everything that you put in its cavity and the end product includes the fibers and the pulp from the fruits and vegetables.
The end product is called juice.
The end product is called smoothie.
Provides immediate energy.
Provides energy slowly.
Can cost anywhere from $40 to $2000.
Can cost anywhere between $30 & $500.
Requires more input of fruits and vegetables to produce a cup of juice.
Requires less input of fruits and vegetables to produce a cup of smoothie.
Creates a lot of waste.
Creates very less or zero waste.
Blender Or Juicer Which One Is Better?
We have already established the points of Juicers and blenders are electrical appliances that bring us the delicious forms of fruits and veggies necessary for our body that we otherwise crib while eating. More often than not, juicers and blenders are mistaken to be the same appliance and are used interchangeably. This is why so many customers often buy the wrong product as they do not know the difference between juicers and blenders. Well, let us sort this Blender Vs Juicer for you for once and for all. , but how does one choose which to buy for their nutrition needs? For this, let us go over the benefits of both, juicer as well as blenders. Here they are-
Why do I need a Blenders?
- Complete nutrition and no waste- With blenders, you are wasting no part of the vegetable and fruit, and every pit of nutrition gets included in your smoothie- the end product of a blender.
- Drawn out energy release- with smoothies, since the product is thick and contains a lot of pulp and fiber, it doesn’t get immediately absorbed by the body. This is great to prevent erratic sugar highs and lows that would be otherwise caused if there is sudden absorption of sugar in the blood. This slow absorption also means a slow release of the energy, and the stomach feels fuller for longer. This is why many people have smoothies for breakfast and when they are on a diet.
- Helps in digestion- fibers help in boosting and strengthening the digestive system of the human body. This makes it easier for the stomach and the intestines to digest the food faster and with a lot of ease. Fibers clean your digestive system to regulate your bowel movements and get your body rid of its toxins.
Since smoothies are a retained and slow source of energy, they are great for people who gym regularly and are dieting or even fasting. It will keep them fuller for a way long without them having to crave anything to eat, which may or may not be healthy.
Why do I need a Juicer?
- Quick absorption- Since juices do not have any pulp or fibers, the absorption is very quick, and it is a great source of energy for sick or ailing people as they need immediate energy in their bodies. It is also great for people suffering from low sugar. You immediately absorb the minerals and vitamins in your juice.
- More fruits in one cup- Since juicers exclude pulp and fibers, to fill one cup of juice, you put in the goodness and nutrients of more fruits and vegetables. This means that even though you’re only having one cup of juice, you have several fruits or vegetables.
- Easy to digest- Since juices are completely liquid, they are very easy to digest. For people with weak digestion or someone just recovering from a stomach, intestine, or liver ailment, juices are a great source of energy.
If you’re someone who just wants to better their digestive health, the blenders are great for you because they are a tasty source of fiber as they don’t filter the pulp and fiber which helps in strengthening the ability of the stomach and intestines to digest food faster and with much ease.
Juicers, on the other hand, provide you with juices that are free from any filters and pulp and can provide your body with immediate nourishment of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals.